As a fire extinguisher supplier in Malaysia, we understand how important it is to select the right one. While regulations suggest homes have fire extinguishers, other establishments may be required by law to have them, such as a restaurant or hotel. But not all extinguishers fit all situations.
A restaurant kitchen requires an unique solution that differs from a product in the entertainment center in the basement. But, regardless of the environment, the fire extinguisher has to serve its purpose: suppressing or putting our fires.
- A-type are probably the most common extinguisher. A fire extinguisher supplier like us will advise these are best for homes and businesses. They are engineered for dealing with fires under common circumstances, including consumables like wood, paper and cloth.
- The B-type fire extinguisher is also found in businesses and homes. Any environment that deals with combustible and flammable liquids should have a B-type extinguisher on the premises. The category of liquids includes gasoline, grease, oil and oil-based paints.
- C-type extinguisher should be at-the-ready in environments where electrical equipment is heavily used. This includes large appliances, tools and heavy equipment that has to be plugged in. Again, these are found in homes and businesses.
- D-types are heavy duty devices used in factories, warehouses and other environments where flammable metals are managed.
- Finally, there’s the K-type. This is the product for high end environments that use animal and vegetable oils, fats, and industrial stoves and ovens. By law, commercial establishments like cafeterias, restaurants and catering businesses are required to have K-type fire extinguishers on their premises.
Some extinguishers could have multiple distinctions, such as A-B-C or B-C. This means they are suitable for circumstances covering the labeled types.
For homes, its is advised an extinguisher be kept on each floor, regardless of how many floors there are. The same applies to commercial establishments, but they may also be required to have them in certain places.
Depending on the size and operations, they may have to have fire extinguishers in a number of places. If you want to know more about this, consult with a reputable fire extinguisher supplier.
Be responsible when it comes to having fire extinguishers around. Without responsibility, they cannot serve their purpose. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Do all the proper individuals know where they are?
- Have these individuals been trained to use a fire extinguisher?
- Is there a clear escape route if there is a fire?
- Are you regularly inspecting the extinguisher?
- It should always clearly display expiration tags and operating instructions.
- It should be unobstructed and in its designated place.
- There should be no corrosion, leakage, damage or clogging of the nozzle.
Fire extinguishers are designed to fight fires, either killing them or suppressing them to give occupants the opportunity to escape and wait for firefighters.
But you want to make sure you have the right one for your environment. As a professional Malaysian fire extinguisher supplier, we’re ready to help you make the right decisions in that regard.